Friday, August 7, 2009

Greetings!

Greetings from Aamchi Mumbai!
My name is Dr. Namrata Bagaria. I have graduated from med school in February this year. This blog is a little introduction about me and about what I am doing this summer.

Summers in the USA are essentially monsoon time in Mumbai. It rains and pours. A typical Mumbaite like me goes for a walk at Marine Drive and enjoys long conversations by the sea side with friends. Add to that some hot coffee and getting drenched by the waves. The monsoons also bring a sentiment of irritation because of traffic jams and potholes. This summer I mainly spent my time brushing up my writing skills. I also took a trip to New Delhi, the Capital of India to meet my extended family and friends and to wish them a adieu before I leave for the US of A for my higher studies.

A little about me-
At HSPH I will be pursuing an MPH in Family and Community Health. I will be taking electives in Women's Health and I look forward to completing the Women, Gender and Health and the Maternal and Child Health certificates. I intend to continue at HSPH for a DPH in SHDH with a major in WGH and a minor in MCH.

Namrata
Bagaria
MPH Student
Family and Community Health

No comments:

Post a Comment

About

The Public Health eConnection was developed by the Student Advisory Committee for the Health Communication Concentration (SAC-HCC) to provide a platform for all members of the HSPH community to voice perspectives on public health topics, experiences at HSPH, internships, opinions on public health news events and policy, and to creatively use media (through video, podcasts, photos, music, and digital art) to promote health. Click for more reading on health communication.